Thanks for generous support from Farm Credit.
Beginning Farmer Training and University of Illinois Extension Resources
- For an overview of our 2012-2015 beginning farmer training program, see Preparing a New Generation of Illinois Fruit and Vegetable Farmers.
- Illinois Fruit and Vegetable News, a newsletter that provides timely, research-based information that commercial fruit & vegetable growers can apply to benefit their farming operations
- Illinois SARE calendar, listings of educational programs maintained by the Illinois Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Professional Development Program in collaboration with USDA's North Central Region SARE program
- University of Illinois Extension's Local Food Systems and Small Farms team, educators around the state of Illinois who assist small scale farmers develop and maintain profitable farming operations
- Archived webinars from the Local Food Systems and Small farms team are available at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/smallfarm/webinar.html)
- The Illinois Specialty Growers Association is the umbrella association for the Illinois Vegetable Growers Association, the Illinois State Horticultural Society, the Illinois Herb Association, and Illinois Irrigation Association. (Links to presentations from recent annual conferences available on the right-hand side of their homepage).